all that shimmerz

all that shimmerz

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Beauty Box Smack Down!

Hello my lovelies,

I am currently subscribed to 4 beauty boxes available in the UK at the moment, Glossybox here £10 + pp £2.95, Carmine here £10 + pp £2.75, Joliebox here £10 + pp £2.95 & She Said Beauty here £9 + pp £2.95.  Now I love the thrill of the box arriving and feel like a big kid when I see what I have in my box but my purse is running dry and I have promised my partner I will get shot of two of the boxes and keep the two best ones.

Packaging

All the boxes are very attractive, with the crisp paper, cute little sticker and ribbon and filled with little twizzlez of paper to fill out the box and stop products rattling around.  Joliebox has broken away from this trend, they still have a box but inside is a little bag with all the goods inside, nice little change.

Joilebox
She Said Beauty
Carmine
Glossybox

Products

This is the hard part... I think every box has its hits and every box has its misses.  The whole point is its a gamble, it cannot be guaranteed that you will like every product but then there will be that one product you are thrilled with.  The aim of the game is to try products you otherwise wouldn't.

Joliebox: Macadamia oil masque was my fave

Carmine: nail varnish and steamcream went down well

She Said Beauty: only one flop which was the tea??

Harrods Glossybox: loads of goodies for mothers day


Conclusion

So can you see my predicament?  I know a lot of people moan about Glossybox but I have liked all the boxes I have received so far, I am getting my moneys worth, they do however need to work on equality, everyone should receive the best product on offer and they can vary the smaller products.  I was very impressed by She Said  Beauty and so that is defo for keeps.  The other two have been ok, I would say Joliebox was my least fave, I am due to receive one any day now so this is the decider for them.

What do you guys think I should do?  What boxes are you subscribed to? 

Lou xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment